rutland jezek, Czech law firm in Prague wishes all its clients Happy Holidays! Read more
December 6, 2017 The most important changes in Czech law for entrepreneurs in 2018 Read more
December 6, 2017 Legal requirements of Lease of Business Premises in the Czech Republic in the year 2018 Read more
December 6, 2017 Incorporating a Czech joint-stock company in the year 2018 Read more
December 6, 2017 Incorporating a Czech Limited Liability Company in the year 2018 Read more
December 6, 2017 What kind of forms of business activities are allowed in the Czech Republic in the year 2018? Read more
rutland ježek offers clients legal assistance in dealing with government investigations, including investigations of possible tax offences, criminal litigations and others enforcement matters. The white-collar practice is led by our senior associate Mr. Richard Turoň who has substantial experience in defending clients, both natural and legal persons, through all phases of criminal investigations as well as criminal proceedings.
Our fields of expertise include:
- Defense and representation in relation to financial, computer and internet fraud, public and private corruption, money-laundering, securities fraud, antitrust and market abuses cases;
- Advice on internal investigations with particular respect to business fraud, business opportunity fraud and due diligence projects;
- Preventive and compliance measures in order to avoid dangerous and expensive exposure to criminal charges and civil liability, including drafting internal anti-corruption and anti-money laundering rules, internal strategic plans demanded by multinational enforcement authorities and implementation of compliance system;
- Legal counseling and representation of corporate clients as regards corporate liability and corporate crime, including real estate holding companies in environmental matters;
- Assistance with parallel proceedings, such as shareholder suits, trade secret enforcement and other private civil actions;
- Representation of clients charged with tax evasion or tax fraud.
The primary objective of our practice is to resolve potential criminal liability of the client before charges are brought by state. The lawyers of rutland ježek are strongly endorsed for its corporate compliance advice as well as its criminal defense work. Due to their deep understanding of the white-collar crime in the Czech Republic and its prevention, lawyers at rutland ježek are natural choice above all for foreign corporate clients.